(May 17) Today is a day of recovery. Sleep in, relax or do a bit of shopping in the Silk Alley, or fill your senses with the sights and sounds of Beijing. The optional City of People excursion is available for purchase today. This tour takes you to the Summer Palace just outside Beijing and pays a visit to the giant panda at Beijing Zoo. All participants will be picked up at their hotels and taken to the dinner venue tonight.
(May 18) Depending on your departure time, you might be able to do some last-minute shopping or take in more of Beijing's sights. Hotel check-out is before noon. Please note that the departure transfer is not included in the package but can be pre-booked at an extra cost.
All prices are listed in US dollars.
Package price per person
| || Shared Double/Twin|| Single Room|
| 2 star|| USD 1479.00|| USD 1732.00|
| 3 star|| USD 1548.00|| USD 1856.00|
| 4 star|| USD 1705.00|| USD 2149.00|
| 5 star|| USD 1815.00|
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- One-way transfer between airport and hotel upon arrival on 12 May 2015. Transfers are shared with other runners arriving around the same time so you may need to wait for around half an hour depending on arrival times.
- 6 nights accommodation
- Meals as stated in the itinerary. Breakfast is American-style buffet when possible.
- Sightseeing and excursions as stated in the itinerary. Optional tours can be purchased separately, but must be purchased prior to arrival in China.
- The Great Wall Marathon race package on race day which includes: start number, bib chip timing, running T-shirt, supplies on route, Danish medical team and finisher certificate.
- Comprehensive information packet and guide book for the Great Wall Marathon event which includes detailed maps and day-by-day descriptions.
Optional Excursions: (Must be booked and prepaid before arriving in China)
(May 16) - Qing Tombs - Spend the morning shopping for souvenirs at the Jixian outdoor market followed by a visit to the magnificent Qing Tombs. We'll end the morning's excursion with a delicious Chinese lunch. ($91.00)
City of Emperors - Visit the classic Beijing highlights on this tour. Starting at Tiananmen Square, we'll continue to the Forbidden City, visit the Temple of Heaven and a silk exhibition hall. Lunch is included. ($63.00)
City of People - Pay the giant panda a visit at the Beijing Zoo, followed by an incredible tour of the imperial summer residence at the Summer Palace. This excursion includes lunch. ($56.00)