(May 18) Today is a day of recovery. Sleep in, relax or do a bit of shopping in the Silk Alley, or fill your senses with the sights and sounds of Beijing. Two optional excursions are available for purchase today. Take in classic Beijing highlights with the City of Emperor tour or visit the giant panda and Summer Palace outside of Beijing with the City of People tour. All participants will be picked up at their hotels and taken to the party venue tonight. (B,D)
(May 19) Depending on your departure time, you might be able to do some last-minute shopping or take in more of Beijing's sights. Hotel check-out is before noon. Please note that the departure transfer is not included in the package but can be pre-booked at an extra cost. (B)
Package price per person
| || Shared Double/Twin|| Single Room|
| 3 star|| USD 1250|| USD 1455|
| 3.5 star|| USD 1315|| USD 1555|
| 4 star|| USD 1410|| USD 1725|
Included in the price
- One-way transfer between airport and hotel upon arrival on 14 May 2014. Transfers are shared with other runners arriving around the same time so you may need to wait for around half an hour depending on arrival times.
- 5 nights accommodation
- Meals as stated in the itinerary. Breakfast is American-style buffet when possible. Meals in Jixian are offered according to the itinerary.
- Sightseeing and excursions as stated in the itinerary. Optional tours can be purchased separately.
- The Great Wall Marathon race package on race day which includes: start number, bib chip timing, running T-shirt, supplies on route, Danish medical team and finisher certificate. For more information, see Race Info.
- Comprehensive information packet and guide book for the Great Wall Marathon event which includes detailed maps and day-by-day descriptions.
Optional Excursions: (Must be booked and prepaid before arriving in China)
(May 16) - Qing Tombs - Spend the morning shopping for souvenirs at the Jixian outdoor market followed by a visit to the magnificent Qing Tombs. We'll end the morning's excursion with a delicious Chinese lunch. ($88.00)
(May 18) City of Emperors - Visit the classic Beijing highlights on this tour. Starting at Tiananmen Square, we'll continue to the Forbidden City, visit the Temple of Heaven and a silk exhibition hall. Lunch is included. ($62.00)
(May 18) - City of People - Pay the giant panda a visit at the Beijing Zoo, followed by an incredible tour of the imperial summer residence at the Summer Palace. This excursion includes lunch. ($56.00)