GORILLA TREKKING IN RWANDA - 2013 Pricing
The ultimate game viewing high is to trek on foot to see the Mountain Gorilla in its natural habitat. One of our staff visited Sabinyo Silverback Lodge in Rwanda in July 2010 and had the thrill of her life when a silverback gorilla approached her to within a few feet and lied down for a nap. This photo was taken by her at a distance of 5 feet.
We can book travel for you to the Virunga Lodge with Volcanoes Safaris in Rwanda. After arrival on your flight to Kigali the staff will greet you and transport you on a three- to four- hour ride to their resort. The highly-coveted gorilla watching permits are secured by the lodge well in advance of your arrival. Thus, early planning is a must to be sure you will have them during your stay.
Jacqui Kaufman, one of our Africa experts, would be pleased to provide you with her personal account of this adventure.
Itinerary and Package Pricing Volcanoes Virunga Lodge:
Departing from Kigali you will be welcomed by your expert guide who will provide knowledge and assistance throughout your safari. Your journey takes you through the beautiful terraced hills that characterise much of Rwanda's landscape. Climbing gradually to the base of the spectacular volcanoes of the Virunga range, the five nearest peaks rising high above the verdant countryside, you arrive at the magnificent Volcanoes Virunga Lodge.
O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (L, D)
Gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans, through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga range, is a magical experience. Once you reach the gorillas, you can spend an hour with them and be back at base in time for a late lunch! Some gorilla families can be more elusive, and tracking can take a full day, especially if it is wet and muddy.
O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (B, L, D)
This is your second day of gorilla tracking from Virguna Lodge.
O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (B, L, D)
Your safari ends with your journey to Kigali. Before transferring to the airport, there maybe time to tour the city and visit the genocide memorial, a moving testimony to this country's past that it has courageously overcome. Return to your hotel or transfer to the airport in time for your return flight. (B,L)
End of services
QUOTE based on 2014 rates as of 10/24/13
USD 5,271 Per person sharing including two gorilla permit (based on 2pax)
USD 4,817 Per person sharing including two gorilla permit (based on 4pax)
USD 419 single room supplement (add to total cost above for single room)
- An expert Volcanoes driver/guide and vehicle for the itinerary agreed.
- Meals per itinerary
- All activities as per the itinerary agreed where appropriate, boat trips, park fees, nature and community walk fees, one chimpanzee and one gorilla permit.
- At Volcanoes gorilla lodges (Bwindi, Mount Gahinga, Kyambura and Virunga) the tariffs are on an all-inclusive basis and in addition to accommodation and meals, include unlimited consumption of all alcoholic and soft drinks; laundry services and any activities clients wish to do around the lodges. A complimentary massage is also offered.
- All gorilla permits need to be purchased at the time of booking or a deposit equivalent to 20% of the cost of the safari paid, whichever is higher.
Gorilla viewing is subject to availability of permits, which are limited; any additional gorilla permits required should be purchased when booking. Gorilla permit prices are subject to change without warning.
- Airfare to Rwanda
- Entry visas and airport taxes.
- Personal expenditure such as drinks and laundry at non-Volcanoes Lodges.
From the safari price paid by clients Volcanoes contributes $100 per client to the Volcanoes Partnership Trust, a separate non-profit organization which undertakes community and conservation activities.
Please note that all reservations for travelling to the Silverback Gorillas are submitted on a per request basis. Reservations are not guaranteed until deposits are received, accommodations are confirmed, and permits can be confirmed.
Marathon Tours recommends two days of gorilla trekking passes which have been included in the pricing above. If you wish to include just one day, we can adjust the package and you can opt to do a different activity. Or extend your package an additional evening for these optional tours:
· Trek to Dian Fossey's grave and the gorilla cemetery, the final resting place of her favourite gorilla, Digit
· Visit the local school and community projects, supported by the Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust.
· Visit Lake Kivu, home to some of the finest inland beaches in Africa.
· Take a guided walk to Lake Bulera, to experience local village life or track the endangered golden monkeys.