PACKAGES AND RATES
- Ten nights on the Akademik Vavilov or Akademik Ioffe
- Three meals daily on board ship
- Roundtrip flights to Ushuaia
- Roundtrip airport transfers (see note below)
- Tech race shirt
- Full breakfast each morning at the Plaza Hotel
- Services of Marathon Tours staff
- Three nights accommodations at the Hotel Plaza Buenos Aires
- All hotel taxes
- Lecture program
- Zodiac and wildlife excursions
- Welcome Reception and dinner in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires city tour
- Race entry fee $200 additional
| Cabin Type|| Package Rate |
| Main Deck Triple || $6990|
| Main Deck Twin || $7690|
| Twin Semi-Private || $7990|
| Twin Private|| $8390|
| Superior|| $8890|
| Shackleton Suite || $9290|
| One Ocean Suite || $9690|
Single occupancy on the ships is not available.
Single room supplement at the Plaza Hotel is $145.00 per night.
AIRPORT TRANSFER NOTES:
- Arrival transfers into Buenos Aires are provided on March 5 and 6 for those arriving on flights between 8am and 1pm.
- Transportation is provided from the airport to the Plaza Hotel on March 18 and 19 for those who book the Plaza Hotel after the cruise portion. Return transfers from the hotel to the airport is at each individual's expense.
Extra night in Buenos Aires: $105 per person double occupancy and $198 for a single including 21% tax and full breakfast.
Post-Trip Buenos Aires Stopover or individual requests..... prices based on specific requests.
Buenos Aires: The Plaza Hotel is a four-star property with a perfect location on Plaza San Martin. The hotel will host the welcome banquet, race check-in and trip briefing.
The Akademik Ioffe and Akademik Sergei Vavilov were designed and built as a scientific research vessels in Finland. They are very stable, quiet and comfortable. Refitting and refurbishment over the last five years oriented towards her role as an expedition cruise vessel has greatly improved the comfort and calibre of the facilities aboard the ship.
Vessel stabilization is gained through a combination of external stabilizers on her hull and a built-in ballast trimming system. The rapid transfer of ballast between special trimming tanks reduces vessel motion and coupled with a modern hull design gives us a stable platform for science and exploration.
Click to see Akademik Ioffe deck plans
Click to see Akademik Sergei Vavilov deck plans
Cabin Descriptions (single occupancy on ships is not available):
Main Deck Triple - two (2) lower and one (1) sofa bed with shared facilities.
Main Deck Twin - two (2) twins with shared facilities
Twin Semi-Private - two (2) twins sharing facilities with the adjoining cabin
Twin Private - two (2) twins with private facilities
Superior - two (2) twins with private facilities
Shackleton Suites (5) -one (1) large bed and a sofa bed in the sitting room- located on the upper decks
One Ocean Suite - one (1) king bed on the top deck with large sitting room and forward windows located on the upper decks