MAASAI MARATHON PACKAGE
July 15-23, 2017
FEATURES: 2017 PRICING*
- One night at the Norfolk Hotel with breakfast
- One night at the Ark & one night at Aberdare Country Club with three meals daily
- Three nights at Sweetwaters Tented Camp with three meals daily
- Training run at Aberdare Country Club
- Game drive and Park fees at Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Game Drive and Park Fees at Aberdare National Park
- Two nights in Maasai Marathon tented camp with three meals daily
- Airport transfers for arrival day in Nairobi and all ground transportation
- All transportation between lodges
- Entrance to the chimpanzee sanctuary at Ol Pejeta
- All hotel taxes
- Pre-race briefing
- Services of Marathon Tours staff
- Flight from Kimanjo to Nairobi (if not on extension)
*Marathon, Half-Marathon or 10K entry is additional
MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK EXTENDED STAY OPTION - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Flights from Kimanjo to Maasai Mara
- Flights from Maasai Mara to Nairobi
- Three nights' accommodations at Governors Camp
- Three meals daily
- Three game drives by Land Rovers each day
- Visit to a Masai village
- Park fees (based on $70 per person per day)
- Tips to camp staff (driver tips are additional)
- Services of Governors Camp Staff
- Services of Marathon Tours Staff
| Maasai Marathon Package|| $ per person double|| $ single|
Masai Mara Extension - Main Governor's Camp $ per person double
Masai Mara Extension - Main Governor's Camp $ per person single
Hot Air Ballooning and Champagne Breakfast $ per person
| Solio Ranch Game Drive|| $ per person|
Call 617-242-7845 for airfares from any city to Nairobi.
NOTES: Single accommodations are limited at the tented camp. The Masai Mara Option is strictly limited due to plane sizes. Actual rates may change based on the final number of travelers. A visa to enter Kenya will cost an additional $50.00 per person. Park fees currently included are $90 per day at Ol Pejeta. Please contact Marathon Tours for race package only pricing (requires two night minimum stay).
Hotel and Accommodations Information:
Norfolk Hotel - Opened in 1904, the Norfolk Hotel, located one half-hour from Kenyatta International Airport, was designed to spearhead hospitality traditions in East Africa which are still unmatched today. The hotel is a short distance from Nairobi's shopping and business district
Aberdare Country Club -"A Haven in the Hills"...The Aberdare Country Club, only a two and a half hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was the homestead of an English couple that decided to settle in Kenya. Almost a half century later, their home, "The Steep", was renamed the Aberdare Country Club and opened for guests. Considered a heritage property in Kenya, The Aberdare Country Club has retained the charm of a private home with the simple comforts of a country inn. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, Haven Under the Hill, so aptly: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace."
Sweetwaters Tented Safari Camp, Ol Pejeta Conservancy - Located in a private conservancy with a higher wildlife-to-area ratio than any of Kenya's national parks makes Sweetwaters Serena Camp one of the most exclusive tented safari camps in Kenya! The Conservancy is host to all members of the "big Five' (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard). Situated on the plains of Mount Kenya, the camp features its own private veranda overlooking the water hole. The central restaurant offers both regional and international cuisine.
Race Site Tented Camp - Although not luxury tents, the camp site is an exceptional adventure! Each tent has its own private tented outhouse and shower. Even though basic they are very comfortable with frame beds and mattresses, a wash sink, and matted floor. Each tent has zippered windows for ventilation. The tented mess hall is where all meals are taken with a cash bar. A large pit provides the perfect setting for evening bomb fires!
Governors Camp, Masai Mara - Created in 1972, Governor's established a new standard in a luxury tented camps. Conde Nast awarded it as fourth among the top 10 hotels in the world in 1998. A visit here is one of the great travel experiences. There is a $75 per person park fee included per person per day pre-paid for this tour by Marathon Tours (if park fees change the difference per day will need to be paid directly via cash to the camp upon arrival).