June 1, 2013
Come celebrate Swedish-style the Stockholm Marathon, the largest Scandinavian marathon. Experience the thrill of finishing your marathon inside the beautiful brick Olympic Stadium which may be the best finish venue of any major city marathon.
We will offer a 4 night package with some special features in Stockholm plus an optional extension for 3 nights to Copenhagen. If you have never run in or visited Scandinavia, this is your best chance.
Stockholm is well-known for its cafes and nightspots where the Stockholmers congregate during the long summer nights. Over 40 miles of running trails start only three blocks from the Park Hotel....through pine forests, along Baltic canals and amidst fields of wild flowers. Swedish chefs are gaining international attention with dishes created from salmon, reindeer, crayfish and other local delicacies.
Stockholm was selected as the #1 destination marathon in the world by the publishers of the Ultimate Guide to International Marathons. The city annually hosts the Stockholm limited to 18,000 runners with huge crowds since running is a very popular sport in Sweden. The event closes about six months in advance.
Top Reasons to Go in 2012
- The best finish of any city marathon inside the intimate 1912 Olympic Stadium
- A stunning capital built on 14 islands, crisscrossed by water and held together with 57 bridges.
- The easy-to-get-around Archipelago with its 30,000 islands! Visitors can't believe their eyes the first time they visit this unique environment.
- World's highest concentration of museums. Visit the world famous Vasa museum, the brand new Fotografiska (the photography museum), the modern museum and the classic royal treasury.
- The Old Town - the best preserved medieval city in the world, and a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Awarded as Europe's first Green Capital. Green, green everywhere!
- Gastronomic Metropolis with 9 Guide Michelin star restaurants, many local eateries and with a high concentration of organic and locally-produced food.
- Walkable, bikable and easy to get around. Rent a bike or walk around the city and discover how close everything is.
The Park Hotel is perfectly situated two blocks from the start and finish at the 1912 Olympic Stadium. It is a short walk to restaurants and all the sights including 71 museums, the Old Town and even lakes where you can take a dip, Swedish-style if you like. This 4-star hotel includes a fantastic smorgasbord breakfast each day.